Making Maps Accessible and Putting Accessibility in Maps SIG
Presentation by the Special Interest Group formed by VISTE project's A. Brock and other researchers in the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Montreal QC, Canada.
The SIG meeting was held on April 25, 2018.
An extended abstract is available at: https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3170427.3185373
- VISTE Ειδικό Δημοτικό Σχολείο Τυφλών Καλλιθέας 6 days 16 hours ago.
- VISTE Last week was busy for VISTE! The project was presented both at Researcher's Night at the National Technical University of Athens in Greece and at the 10 years anniversary celebration of INRIA Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest in France! https://twitter.com/AnkeBrock/status/1045633289049055232 Anke Brock on Twitter 1 week 6 days ago.
- VISTE VISTE is being presented during Researcher's Night 2018 at National Technical University of Athens! 2 weeks 2 days ago.
- VISTE Σας περιμένουμε σήμερα στη Βραδιά του Ερευνητή στο ΕΜΠ, στο κτήριο Αβέρωφ του ιστορικού συγκροτήματος του Πολυτεχνείου στην Πατησίων. http://portal.opendiscoveryspace.eu/en/event/researchers-night-2018-national-technical-university-athens-greece-851122 Researcher's Night 2018 @ the National Technical University of Athens, Greece | ODS Portal 2 weeks 3 days ago.
- VISTE About the VISTE joint staff training event at the Special Elementary School for the Blind in Athens VISTE Joint staff training event at SESBA | Viste 2 weeks 4 days ago.
- VISTE It didn't ever occur to me that #braille readers may also suffer from #dyslexia. Read the article below to gain a better insight into dyslexia and and what to look for in braille readers. Braille and Dyslexia 2 weeks 6 days ago.
- VISTE Researchers are nvestigating #auditory #keyboards that use rapid streams of #text_to_speech characters, leveraging the exceptional auditory processing abilities of the #blind and #visually_impaired. Screenless phones may benefit blind and visually impaired users 3 weeks 1 day ago.
- VISTE Have you ever heard of #tixels? The start-up Blitab Technology introduced a #liquid_based technology to create #tactile relief, making multitude digital tasks easier for those with #visual_impairment! Braille for a New Digital Age 3 weeks 2 days ago.
- VISTE An interesting #campaign from a #visually_impaired individual about how best to #assist those with impairments! #JustAskDontGrab Blind activist wants to change how people interact with those with disabilities 4 weeks 1 day ago.
- VISTE Details about the third project meeting! VISTE 3rd Project meeting | Viste 1 month 2 days ago.
- VISTE Read the article below to find out about a novel technique to make #braille #books more portable and convenient and subsequently more #accessible. Researchers Develop Reprogrammable Braille in Hopes of Making Books More Accessible for Blind Readers 1 month 3 days ago.
- VISTE The second joint staff training event and the third project meeting have been successfully completed. New goals have been set for the forseeable future, which looks very promising. 1 month 5 days ago.
- VISTE Jeremy Laviole is presenting VISTE #augmented_reality prototype for #inclusive_learning, exploring a botanical atlas! 1 month 1 week ago.
- VISTE Along with Day 5 activities of VISTE Joint Staff Training Event, the third project meeting will take place at SESBA. 1 month 1 week ago.
- VISTE VISTE augmented reality tool workshop (day 5 of the training event). For more information on the training event, please see: http://visteproject.eu/event/viste-joint-staff-training-event-sesba 1 month 1 week ago.
- VISTE The Augmented Reality tool developed in VISTE project allows VI and sighted students and teachers to collaboratively explore and build maps. It will be the focus of Day 5 activities at the VISTE Joint Staff Training Event. You can watch a brief presentation of the tool (CHI18 preview), here: https://youtu.be/W5XO6T490DU Empowering #spatial_thinking of students with #visual_impairment 1 month 1 week ago.
- VISTE More pictures from day 4 at VISTE Short term joint staff training event hosted by Special Elementary School for the Blind in Athens (SESBA). Teachers from SESBA and Liceul Special pentru Deficienti de Vedere, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, participating. Presentations at SESBA auditorium: - "The Importance of Guide Dogs in the Orientation and Mobility of VI Persons" - SESBA - "Accessible Journeys" learning pathway - E. Pintilie, LSDV - “The Fascination of The Road (Spatial Coordinates of Stories)” learning pathway - T. Pintili, LSDV - “Space and Time in Frame Stories” learning pathway - I. L. Şchiopu, LSDV. Empowering #spatial_thinking of students with #visual_impairment 1 month 1 week ago.
- VISTE 3D Scanning and Printing Hands-on Workshop Day 4 at VISTE Short term joint staff training event hosted by Special Elementary School for the Blind in Athens (SESBA), Kallithea, Greece. Teachers from SESBA and Liceul Special pentru Deficienti de Vedere, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, participating. Empowering #spatial_thinking of students with #visual_impairment 1 month 1 week ago.
- VISTE The VISTE workshop "Creating maps from simple materials" by Vaitsis Nikos is due to begin. It will give teachers the opportunity to exchange experiences and practices and create useful #tactile_maps. 1 month 1 week ago.
- VISTE VISTE Short term joint staff training event: Day 3 Developing #spatial_thinking skills of students with #visual_impairment through a project called "Imaginary Tour of Europe by Plane" by Imola Adriana Ondreiov, teacher at Liceul Special pentru Deficienti de Vedere, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. “Empowering spatial thinking of students with visual impairment” 1 month 1 week ago.