O1 A4 VISTE Inclusive Educational Framework for Spatial Thinking of Students with VI, 2017
The document constitutes the VISTE Educational Framework, first Intellectual Output (O1) of VISTE Project that introduces essential strategies for the development of an innovative teaching approach towards effective spatial thinking for students with VI that will lead them to inclusion for accessing mainstream schools. For the completion of the output, the following steps have been completed: State-of-the-Art Report (O1/A1), Users’ Needs Analysis (O1/A2), New cartographies for students with VI (O1/A3) and VISTE inclusive educational framework for spatial thinking of students withVI (O1/A4; this document).
- VISTE Have you ever heard of #tixels? The start-up Blitab Technology introduced a #liquid_based technology to create #tactile relief, making multitude digital tasks easier for those with #visual_impairment! Braille for a New Digital Age 4 hours 28 min ago.
- VISTE An interesting #campaign from a #visually_impaired individual about how best to #assist those with impairments! #JustAskDontGrab Blind activist wants to change how people interact with those with disabilities 5 days 20 hours ago.
- VISTE Details about the third project meeting! VISTE 3rd Project meeting | Viste 1 week 2 days ago.
- VISTE Read the article below to find out about a novel technique to make #braille #books more portable and convenient and subsequently more #accessible. Researchers Develop Reprogrammable Braille in Hopes of Making Books More Accessible for Blind Readers 1 week 3 days ago.
- VISTE The second joint staff training event and the third project meeting have been successfully completed. New goals have been set for the forseeable future, which looks very promising. 1 week 4 days ago.
- VISTE Jeremy Laviole is presenting VISTE #augmented_reality prototype for #inclusive_learning, exploring a botanical atlas! 2 weeks 10 hours ago.
- VISTE Along with Day 5 activities of VISTE Joint Staff Training Event, the third project meeting will take place at SESBA. 2 weeks 12 hours ago.
- VISTE The Augmented Reality tool developed in VISTE project allows VI and sighted students and teachers to collaboratively explore and build maps. It will be the focus of Day 5 activities at the VISTE Joint Staff Training Event. You can watch a brief presentation of the tool (CHI18 preview), here: https://youtu.be/W5XO6T490DU Empowering #spatial_thinking of students with #visual_impairment 2 weeks 16 hours ago.
- VISTE More pictures from day 4 at VISTE Short term joint staff training event hosted by Special Elementary School for the Blind in Athens (SESBA). Teachers from SESBA and Liceul Special pentru Deficienti de Vedere, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, participating. Presentations at SESBA auditorium: - "The Importance of Guide Dogs in the Orientation and Mobility of VI Persons" - SESBA - "Accessible Journeys" learning pathway - E. Pintilie, LSDV - “The Fascination of The Road (Spatial Coordinates of Stories)” learning pathway - T. Pintili, LSDV - “Space and Time in Frame Stories” learning pathway - I. L. Şchiopu, LSDV. Empowering #spatial_thinking of students with #visual_impairment 2 weeks 1 day ago.
- VISTE 3D Scanning and Printing Hands-on Workshop Day 4 at VISTE Short term joint staff training event hosted by Special Elementary School for the Blind in Athens (SESBA), Kallithea, Greece. Teachers from SESBA and Liceul Special pentru Deficienti de Vedere, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, participating. Empowering #spatial_thinking of students with #visual_impairment 2 weeks 1 day ago.
- VISTE The VISTE workshop "Creating maps from simple materials" by Vaitsis Nikos is due to begin. It will give teachers the opportunity to exchange experiences and practices and create useful #tactile_maps. 2 weeks 2 days ago.
- VISTE VISTE Short term joint staff training event: Day 3 Developing #spatial_thinking skills of students with #visual_impairment through a project called "Imaginary Tour of Europe by Plane" by Imola Adriana Ondreiov, teacher at Liceul Special pentru Deficienti de Vedere, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. “Empowering spatial thinking of students with visual impairment” 2 weeks 2 days ago.
- VISTE VISTE Short term joint staff training event Day 2 2 weeks 3 days ago.
- VISTE VISTE Short term joint staff training event hosted by Special Elementary School for the Blind in Athens (SESBA), Kallithea, Greece. Teachers from SESBA and Liceul Special pentru Deficienti de Vedere, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, participating. Day 1 pictures by Lamprini Kolovou. Empowering spatial thinking of students with visual impairment. 2 weeks 4 days ago.
- VISTE Presentation of the VISTE multisensory #augmented_reality map for students with #visual_impairment at the CHI18 conference. https://youtu.be/6Ww37Jtfr2Y Jérémy Albouys-Perrois, Jérémy Laviole, Carine Briant and Anke M. Brock. 2018. Towards a Multisensory Augmented Reality Map for Blind and Low Vision People: a Participatory Design Approach. In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Paper 629, 14 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3173574.3174203 2 weeks 4 days ago.
- VISTE 2 weeks 4 days ago.
- VISTE There are miscellaneous days, weeks or even months dedicated to raise awareness of specific vision conditions and vision-related issues!So, save these dates! Important Dates for Vision Awareness 3 months 1 week ago.
- VISTE Paths to Literacy for Students Who are Blind or Visually Impaired 4 months 1 week ago.
- VISTE 4 months 3 weeks ago.
- VISTE #Blind people now have the opportunity to experience #art by dint of #virtual_reality and cutting-edge #gloves. #3D_models, #accessible_art Virtual reality exhibition lets blind people see art using special gloves 5 months 1 week ago.