Questions & Answers
What is VISTE?
VISTE is the acronym of a research project entitled "Empowering Spatial Thinking of Students with Visual Impairment". The project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union under Key Action 2: Cooperation for Innovation and Exchange of Good Practices. It involves co-operation among six partners (organisations) with different areas of expertise towards effective spatial thinking of upper elementary and secondary school students with visual impairment.
What are the project's target groups?
VISTE targets mainly:
- Students of upper primary and secondary education (11-15 years old),
- teachers and teachers' trainers.
The primary focus is on students with visual impairment. However, needs of sighted students will also be addressed, since inclusive educational settings are in VISTE's spotlight.
What will VISTE do?
The project is organised around the production of four intellectual outputs:
- The VISTE inclusive educational framework for spatial thinking of students with VI
- VISTE Spatial Thinking Educational Components
- VISTE Innovative Toolkit (design, implementation and validation)
- VISTE Guide of Good Practice for policy recommendation.
It also includes a series of multiplier events and two short-term joint staff training events.